Sunday, September 7, 2008

Jake Turned The Big TEN!

Can you believe, I have a ten year old. If your age doesn't date you, then the ages of your kids will. This year we did a SURVIVOR theme. It was a lot of fun putting it together and the kids had a blast. He also had a family birthday party at my Mom's house. She has a pool and it's become a tradition to have Ethan and Jake's family party there so we can all swim. Jake is in football this year so he got a lot of football gear.
When I look at him...I think, man I can't believe he's ten! I know that I will always think that...where has the time gone. I love looking back at pictures and thinking...so cute! When I had Jake, I had no idea what I was doing or what life would be with a child, but I also knew from the minute he came into this world that I was meant to be his Mom and I couldn't see my life without him in it. I just remember thinking...wow, I never knew that you could love this much. That feeling was amazing and it was the greatest feeling with each child.
I have been trying to give Jake pieces of his life before Dad so that when the time came and he found out that he is was adopted by Brent, it wouldn't be such a shock. That time came a couple of months ago...I was talking to Jake about the family proclamation and it came up that I was alone with him in the beginning...so I told him about his biological father. It was hard, harder for me at least but he took it really well. He was a little sad, but latter on after a prayer I explained that this was not something to be sad about. We were so lucky to found Daddy, and Daddy was so lucky to have us. He has been talking about it more openly now and I am so glad its finally out.
Our next subject to tackle will be the birds and the bees but I think I'll let your Dad do that one. For subjects like these, I am so grateful to have the gospel. I am grateful to know that I can go to my Heavenly Father in prayer for help and guidance to give you boys the answers and comfort that you need.
I am so lucky to have you Jake. I love being your Mom. You bring so much joy into my life and I am so proud of you!

2 comments:

Cindy Killebrew said...

What a beautiful story! I myself am greatful for the gospel. Whenever you get those "why" questions you can always say, "That's how Heavenly Father wanted it". Happy Birthday Jake :)

Karin said...

Happy Birthday Jake! I'm so proud of you Carieann for having him in football because I know how badly you didn't want to. That is a cute story. I also love your story about G. Grandpa Wall.

Karin