Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Great Grandpa Wall



As I stated in another post, we really didn't want to go to Utah this last summer. We were up there the year before so making another trip was hard to be excited for. When we got up there we knew that G.G. Wall wasn't doing very well. Grandpa Wall went to see him on Tuesday night and asked Dad if he wanted to go as well. Daddy said no, that he would see him tomorrow. On the way up to Salt Lake the next day we got the call that he had passed away that morning. Sad to say, but it was very convenient that we were already there, so we were able to go to his burial.

Dad was sad and I was sad as well. We have been blessed to make several trips up to see him and G.Grandma Wall and they have been down here to visit as well. I really fell in love with them. G. Grandma is the sweetest thing...ever! I will post more about her at another time because this is really about G.Grandpa Wall. He was a good man, the one I knew, I have heard other stories, but will not share. He was very quiet and stayed to himself much of the time. He had a great love for the outdoors and animals. When ever he came to visit, he always looked after Skittles and Emma, when the rest of us didn't pay much attention to them. Skittles especially,(she wasn't the nicest cat). He always wanted to go to the horse races. This must be were Aunt Lindsey and Owen get their love for animals. He will definitely be missed. I know G.Grandma Wall will miss him terribly. I don't want to even think about ever losing your dad! His burial service was small and perfect. He wasn't a social man, so he did not want a viewing or a funeral service. After experiencing this burial, I wonder why anyone would want a funeral. This was so beautiful and just perfect. Uncle Ralf talked about his life and gave a blessing. We all felt the spirit and the peace that was there. The legacy that he has left behind is amazing. I will always be grateful to him for the son that he had, and grandson that is now my husband. We love you Great Grandpa Wall and will miss you.

3 comments:

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

What's taking you to Utah this week without the boys? Are you going to make it to the BYU game? I'm jealous but we're going at the end of the month. Call me when you get home so we can play!

Karin said...

I agree- not much of a game. We upgrade our TV package to get it and had some friends over.

Yeah, we'd love to come over tomorrow. What time are you thinking?

Karin said...

Sounds great. Sienna takes a morning nap around 10ish or so. It is flexible but I'll call you in the morning. Maybe we could stop by before her nap.