Monday, May 19, 2008

The past two weeks


Life gets so busy....so I have several topics to cover. Mothers Day was last Sunday. I am so grateful to be able to raise four fun boys. They really are my life and I would be bored without them. Justin had a Mother's Day Lunch for me at his preschool and it was so fun! Ethan did this for me as well the previous two years so I look forward to these. Ms. Becki always does a good job at making us feel special. One year Ethan was asked...what makes your mommy laugh, so his reply was...when my dad spanks her bum! We will never forget that one, it got quite a few laughs and a really red face from me, so this year it was Justin's turn to tell everyone about his mom. A few of the questions were....Who's the boss in your family-Justin said-My Mom, Q-what is her favorite food-J-cereal with raisins,Q-what does she like to do in her spare time-J-she likes to run, Q-what is the difference between moms and dads-J-my mom sends me to my room but my dad spanks my bum! Evidently we really like to spank bums in our family because that the only thing the kids remember:) I of coarse gave Dad a hard time about that one! Justin sang songs, did a "Are you my mother" play and made me lunch! It was so fun. I love being with him. He's such a good kid, he's always making sure I am "OK" and I love the time we are able to have together when his older brothers are at school. He is the smartest four year old I know! I tell him that he's a genius all the time, he really is:) On Sunday Dad made me breakfast in bed while the other kids brought me chocolate and bubble bath stuff. It was really sweet.




Owen got his first hair cut that same week! I was washing his hair and he had a knot in it and I thought......I need to buy some detangler. But then I realized...no I need to cut his hair. I was a little sad. I wasn't really ready for him to be a BIG BOY yet. But I'm sure that you can see by the picture that he really needed one. So I got the clippers out and off it came. Such a big boy!














This weekend I signed all three older boys up for a triathlon. Ethan and Jake have done one in the past, but it was Justin's first one. They were all really excited! I have such cute boys!!
The swim was first and Ethan blew right by that with no problems, in fact he was finished with the whole event before Brent even realized it. He came up to him and said, " Hi Dad!" eating a donut. Brent thought that was pretty funny, he went back and helped Justin run his 1/3 mile run. Justin was excited to have a buddy along the run. When Justin got out of the pool from his 25 meter swim he looked a little scared, but when he got on his bike he had a blast, hitting every street bump there was. I didn't understand why he kept running into those until Dad told me that you were doing it on purpose. Your such a silly kid! Jake was last to do his. He was so nervous. He's alot like his mom, not so much a distance swimmer, but he did great! He was amazing at the bike and run. That kid loves to run! I am so glad. Maybe when he gets older, we will be able to run together...if I can keep up. He's pretty fast! It was a so fun. The kids got medals and donuts. What a way to start your morning. That afternoon their school had a carnival. They had bounce houses and games, face painting, and we even won a door prize! By the end of the day they were beat. We had a great weekend!

12 comments:

Kiera said...

Your boys are so cute!! That is fun that they are doing all that stuff together!!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I love the relationship you have with your boys and your family. You are all so close and I look forward to having that too. There is no beating time with family!!! Cute boys. I love the answers to the questions.

Karin

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

P.S. your boys really are my favorite! Too bad Jake is so much older than Sienna- he is so sweet to her. Owen isn't too old though and he is a stud himself. :) I love the haircut.

Amy Pennington said...

Carieann...I am so proud of your boys and their participation in the triatholon. That is so great! They are all so darn handsome! Glad you enjoyed your mother's day...those boys know how to spoil you!

Gina said...

What a great idea to have the boys participate in a Tri. That's awesome! You are teaching them well! I still want to do one with you, that is once I get back into shape. fun

The Wall Family said...

I love the Questions and answers....sooo funny!

Cindy Killebrew said...

Triathlon and a school carnival that is some day! I am exhausted just reading it. ;)

Heidi said...

I didn't even realize you had a blog! How glad I am to find it!

And I love your boys, too. They always look so cute at church on Sunday . . .

Emily R said...

you are so cute. way to go having them do the tri. i should have made my kids do it... owen looks so big w/his haircut!!!

Amy Pennington said...

hey thanks so much for your encouraging and sweet comments.

Karin said...

Thanks for the cookies. They were yummy.

If your boys have any sport or other events coming up- let us know. We'd love to come watch.

Karin

Leisha Mareth said...

I've recently seen your name pop up in blogland, but I've been so busy I haven't had time to come check it out until now. I tend to get to know people more online than I do at church since I'm tucked quietly away in nursery (no complaints!) In fact, I miss Justin, he was my quiet readng buddy!

You have a beautiful family, spanking bums and bloody gum pics and all! =)