Thursday, June 5, 2008

Owen and the Frog

I found a big brown frog lurking under the tree house the other day and was so excited. I called the boys over to see and Owen loved it! He reminds me a lot like his Aunt Lindsey. She is an animal lover to an extreme that I can not comprehend. Owen loves animals! He especially loves dogs! Too bad Dad and I, do not want one:( Will my kids miss out on not owning a pet?) I don't know, but the guilt has not taken its toll yet. Soo...Owen went right up to that frog and picked it up! I, squealed and he just looked at me like..."What?". Yuck! Later that night Dad came home and joined in the fun. I am so glad I have boys. They make my world a lot more interesting.
Owen had a neuro. Dr. appt. today to follow up when he was in the hospital. He's perfect (except for the swallow dysfunction and c difficile thing).We have a GI Dr. appt. on Monday and I am looking forward to that. I want to be able to get him off the nutramagen. Its so expensive and I need to know what to try next. He is still having the runny blood streaked pooh's, so I don't know if I will be able to try anything until his pooh is normal. I would not be able to tell if he is allergic to soy, or a different formula because he already has the symptoms. Hopefully he will out grow the swallow dysfunction, but I am so glad that nothing neurologically is wrong! The Dr. suggested that if his next swallow test, which is in September has little change, to try electro shock on his throat for therapy so the muscle could strengthen. Owen, you are so high maintenance! But, I love every bit of you. You are starting to babble more. Its so cute hearing you chatter about nothing. I love living in your world!


Ethan had field day last week. I took Owen and Justin and they had so much fun! It was cahos, but a good one. Watching him with his friends was great. Ethan is one of those kids that gets along with everyone. If something bothers him, he usually shrugs it off or walks away, unless it keeps happening and then its like something switches in his head that he's not going to take it anymore....when that happens, look out! He is the sweetest child! He was born with a smile on his face and hasn't stopped. He has made a lot of good friends this year and he loved his teacher, Mrs. Cosand. She told me on graduation day, that Ethan had made teaching fun this year. I could tell he was a little sad to leave. He is a little shy about change. Graduation was so fun. When ever I hear that song dunnnn-dun-dun-dun-dunnnn-dunnnn.....I start to tear up. I realize that this is all part of life and growing up, but does it have to go so fast! Lining up to go on stage, there was my little Ethan, doing a crazy dance to the music. Always trying to make me laugh! I love him so much. I really enjoy every moment with you!














These are some of Ethan's friends, Brady and Noah. Grandma was able to come to graduation and afterwards took us all to his favorite place to eat...Taco Casa!















CONGRATULATIONS ETHAN!!!!



6 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

awe...Ethan is getting so big! Congrats! I can't believe he is a 1st grader. I remember when we were prego together.
I will continue to pray for Owen. Have a great start to summer! Hopefully we will see each other at the pool!

Leisha Mareth said...

Those are the cutest pictures... I especially loved the frog one! My Jacob wants a frog for his birthday (in my house? are you kidding me?) Preferably he would like to "grow it" from a tadpole.

I do not know the issues that Owen is going through...I need to find out more, poor little man!

The Wall Family said...

Hhahaha yeah Linds does love her animals. Any of them. Soon I will sell the house hear.....near the beach....in san clemente.....and have to move to some remote place where Linds can have her animal farm!

The boys aregetting so big. Can't wait to see them when we come up!

Gina said...

We seem to find frogs quite often at our house. It makes for some excitement for the kids.

Glad Owen is doing better. Did you get the crayon out of Justin's ear yet?!

Kiera said...

We have had a couple frogs too. My boy is too little to start grossing me out by picking it up, but give me a couple years and I will be right there with you!! Ethan is so cute! I love how he is always smiling!!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

That is fun with the frog. What a neat little graduation for Ethan too. Your boys are so fun. Sienna is obsessed with dogs too. We'll get one eventually but not for a long time. For now, we have plenty of friends or neighbors with dogs that we visit.

How did Justin get a crayon in his ear? Crazy boy- and now you have 2 Justins :)

I hope you guys don't mind if I randomly drop cakes off by your house. I can't keep them all around here.

Karin