Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kids say some funny things

The other day Brent, "Daddy" was telling me about something Jake mentioned. Jake was watching TV and a commercial popped up on how you can take on line classed from home. He was so excited and went to Dad and said, "Dad, I don't have to go away to college, I can just take them on line from home!" I started to laugh, but let him know that he will be going away to college. He is one kid that would build a house right next to ours and never move away. Of coarse he's only 9 1/2 and I'm sure that his views will change when he gets older, but I love the fact that he wants to be with me forever. I do know that when its time to let go, it will be the hardest thing for me to deal with. I wish I could keep you right beside me, but I do know the importance of independence and letting you have that little by little is hard. I love you Jake!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Jake really is such a sweetheart. I love watching him with Sienna and Owen. He reminds me of what Matt's mom tells me he was like (oldest of 5). Anyway- I've told you a million times- your boys are my favorite. I love them!

Karin

Emily R said...

cute! i for one will be ready to have my kids move on??!! maybe...
but that is cute. as for the fast sunday post.... you are great! i need to be better at that stuff... oh, add it to the list! ;)