Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This Fast Sunday

This Sunday was fast Sunday for our church, so that morning I mentioned to the boys that if they would like to fast they could. They all wanted to, even Justin. By the time we got home they were still willing to fast, but eventually one by one they started to "get hungry". So when each one was ready, I would say a prayer with them to break the fast. Ethan and Justin were first. Poor Ethan, he felt so bad he started to cry. I explained to him that this exercise was not for him to feel bad, but to help him grow and that Heavenly Father recognizes the effort and is proud of him. Next Jacob was ready. He felt bad too....so I sat all the boys down and told them that fasting is a humbling experience whether you fast for one, two or three meals and that you shouldn't feel bad just because you can only make it for one. I was so proud of them. Understanding the concept of fasting is hard to grasp at such a young age. You boys amaze me constantly with how willing you are to please our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that you all have a teachable heart and that you love to learn. Daddy and I are always talking about how lucky we are to have all four of you. Thank you for helping me become closer to my Heavenly Father by your examples.

1 comment:

The Wall Family said...

That is sooo cute! You and Brent are such good parents. We love you.