Friday, April 18, 2008

Nothing but Love

Look how happy Owen is pulling my hair. Everyday I have to endure this kind of torture.

It all started with my own habit of twisting, pulling, tugging ,and playing with my hair. If I am bored, tired or just have nothing else to do, I play with my hair. Lots of girls do this. My sister-in-law is guilty as well. If I have a good piece I like to tuck it around my ear, to save it for later....I know I am a little nutty, but this is where my children get this. Owen is pretty bad. He has to have my hair in his hands in order to fall asleep. He wakes up looking for it, if its not within its grasp he freaks out. Today was pretty bad. He has been pulling and biting my hair all day and its driving me crazy! He reminds me of Jake so much. Jake has the same problem. I thought it was so cute when he was little but to this day whenever he gets nervouse or he's just sitting there doing nothing, he will take his hair and flip it in and out of his fingers. I know it bothers him that he has this habit, because he tells me he needs a hair cut when it gets long enough for him to be able to "play" with it. I guess its not too bad of a habit to pass along. It could be something worse, but it does get annoying.
Here are a couple of pictures of Jake trying to get a hold of his cousin Katilyn Kirchners hair. They are old, so sorry for the poor quality. He wasn't trying to be mean, its all out of love. Thats what I keep telling myself whenever Owen is trying to pull all of the hair out of my head!!!!



6 comments:

Kiera said...

Hey
I saw your comment on Emilys blog so I looked at yours. I looked at your older posts, Poor Owen. I hope he starts to feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

What a cute blog. Yep checking you out from Kiera's site. I love to see new people blogging. keep us posted on Owen. What a trooper! So are you for enduring watching your baby go through it.

Emily R said...

love it!!! those are my fav pics of owen & you.
and at least the bad habit isnt biting...

The Wall Family said...

That is so funny! Owen is so cute! Look at that face!! We think about you guys all the time.

No Big Dill said...

I love your face--so telling!

Glad Owen is smiling and pulling your hair!

Cindy Killebrew said...

Well, there are worse habits to have... :) That is a cute picture of you and Owen.