Thursday, April 3, 2008



I wanted to add this to my blog. It seems as if this is all about Owen. I do have three other boys, but right now Owen seems to have the most events going on. Owen came down with pneumonia back in January and developed a weird case of swallow dysfunction. The doctors are still puzzled by how this happened but he has been doing a lot better. He was on a feeding tube for over four weeks with one week hospitalization. My friends were amazing to say the least. I had no idea where my other three kids were, but I knew that someone was taking care of them. They eventually sent us home with no real answers but with a stressful task of keeping a feeding tube down his nose, leading to his stomach. Once again I was blessed with amazing friends who had the knowledge and skills to be able to put the tube back down when Owen "accidentally" pulled it out. I did go into the ER once to put it back down, which took over eight hours so I am very grateful to my nurse and doctor friends! We went back to the doctor for another swallow test on March 5th, and was able to bottle feed with thickened liquids. We are still on thickened liquids and will continue with that until his next swallow test on May 5th. Along with that he was diagnosed when he was about four weeks old with a milk protein allergy. He will be on nutramagen for a couple of more months until we can figure out if he will tolerate any form of milk. I tried giving him yogurt the other day and realized he still has not "out grown" the allergy. I am hoping he will , but time will only tell and right now its telling me NO. Since April 2, 2007 Owen has blessed our lives in so many ways as well as drained our pocket books, but he's worth every single penny....right DADDY! :)

No comments: