Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fall Season of Sports

This is how we spent our fall season,it was crazy...we had three boys in soccer and one in football. Our Saturdays were spent up at the soccer fields and football fields usually from 9 in the morning till about 6 at night...sometimes they would even last till 10 at night...and we loved every minute of it! It totally stressed me out, driving to and from practice to practice and game to game, but secretly I LOVE to watch my boys play! I get nervous and excited and have so much joy watching them out there having fun. This year Jake started football...this came with three practices and a game every week along with his soccer practice and soccer game every week as well. Before we signed him up, we discussed how hard this was going to be for him, but he really wanted to do it. I think Brent and I wanted to throw up before every game (we were more nervous than he was). He's so little and I didn't want him to get hurt, but I wanted him to do his best. He got hit pretty hard a couple of times. We thought that once he gets hit hard enough he wouldn't want to play any more but her we are...spring and he's signed back up for another season! He was so lucky and got on the Hornet Team! They went all the way to the Super Bowl and Won! The team pictures was in the Star Telegram! Soccer was a blast! On Saturdays he would play soccer and have to run over to the football field to warm up for a game...I was so proud of him! He really played hard on both teams.





















The Jedi's had a great season as well. This season we lost a lot of really good players to some of the select teams so we were nervous about how the boys would do. They were great! Jake has really improved as a soccer player! He has really grown into this sport and it's been so much fun and exciting to watch his progression. They came in second over all. We love the Jedi's and Coach Pete!
Ethan was put into a new team this year...we have been wanting Ethan to find "his team" like Jake has and we finally have! His team is the Saints and he has two really good coaches! So, we are returning to the Saints for Spring. Brent and I are in awe every time we see Ethan play a sport. He has such dedication and concentration. It's really fun to watch him play. He really puts everything he has into what he does. This is sadly the only picture I have of him playing, Grandma and Grandpa Wall have a bunch...I will have to get some from them. Brent and I would have to trade off to watch him play because someone else usually had another game going on at the same time. Ethan had a great season and had a lot of goals!!!

This was Justin's first Soccer Season and we were so excited....or stressed because that means three in soccer!












He did amazing! With each boy, they seem to get better at things faster than the other one, that just because they have someone to look up to and imitate. Justin's team was a little frustrating, only because we are so use to watching Jake and Ethan, that we forgot how four year old's act...but not my Justin he was great. He really went after the ball and loved playing. I had to keep telling myself that Justin was having fun...we will be putting him back into the draft for the next season. He hasn't found "his team" yet. He loved his trophy...he was so proud and so was I! Good Job Justin!


Owen had a blast out on the field...hanging out...watching the boys play....he already knows how to dribble a soccer ball...see....

Look out Spring...we are doing it all over again...I know, I am CRAZY!!!

2 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

those boys are growing up so fast..I remember when Jake was a baby! wow time flies.

Cindy Killebrew said...

That is so much work! I can't imagine doing all that. It just sounds tiring and fun to watch. Go TEAMS!