Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas 2008




























We did a lot of celebrating this Christmas season....we had the ward Christmas party, we had three of the boys school parties, we went on the polar express train...which was awesome (except for Ethan..he cried the whole time because his ear hurt) we had Rylee and Ashley over for a sleep over and hung out with them. It was so much fun having the boys home. That's my favorite part, spending time with them, having them home with me all day long. I love just being with them...we made a ginger bread house, tons of candy and cookies, turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, pies, we went to the movies a couple of times, saw Santa Clause finally at the polar express, sang Christmas carols, had our Wall traditional Nativity Scene which all the kids get to dress up. Owen did pretty good for his first time. So Christmas Eve I read a "The Night before Christmas" to the kids, they got to open the traditional PJ gift and we kissed them and sent them to bed.

I started to feel bad around this time and progressively it got worse, by 12:30 I was preparing for Santa's arrival, and in between that I would get sick, so I would go put stuff out, come back and throw up, and the night went just like that...back and forth till about 1 in the morning. Ethan came in around 2 and said that Santa had been there and asked if he could get up. I told him he could go look but that it was too early, to go back to bed.

Finally.....one of the kids got up before I did!!!! Of coarse, I was suffering from the flu, but every Christmas morning I am up, waiting on at least one of the kids to get up. This year, I was relieved to finally have the kids up before I was ready. Sounds odd, but I love this part....getting up way too early and the excitement of what Santa brought!

By 6:30 A.M. Ethan and Jake couldn't wait any longer so I got up, and had them wake up Owen, Justin and Dad...MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE...















7 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

Looks like you had a great christmas season despite the illness. I love all those pictures with all the kids and fam. That is what is so great about the holidays..lots of family, friends, and fun!

Cindy Killebrew said...

EEW! It is no fun to be sick on Christmas Eve! Looks like you got some great pics though. We have tried to do the polar express two years in a row and every year they say they are sold out. I love the pjs. They were super cute!

Emily R said...

fun christmas!!! question - did you get pics from the ranch? i got ZERO... just curious... maybe you could email me some?

Karin said...

Hey! This is super random but are you and Ruth hiring for your business? I'm not looking for a job but Matt's brother just moved out here and his wife is in LOVE with home decor and wants to find a job.

How are you doing? Can you believe Owen is going to be 2 in just over a month?

Kirchner Family said...

Happy Birhday!

The kids had so much fun spending the night with the boys! Ashley has always loved playing with Ethan but now she has a new buddy Owen!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I don't think your boys got enough for Christmas.

Yeah- Matt's work is a really fun environment. We love it.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

PS. We LOVE the zoo. We don't have passes but I'm going to get one this year.