Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The JEDI'S




Jacob has been playing soccer with the Jedi team since he was six. We were a little worried about this team when he first started. They were and still are amazing soccer players! It was hard for Jake to try to fit in and be part of the team but he has really grown into a confident and good player. He has an amazing coach...Coach Pete. He is so patient with Jake and really takes his time to teach him. They won 1st in their district this year, but the sad part is that half of the players are going to play select teams. Jacob will still be a Jedi along with the other half, but I think Jake will miss alot of his friends. This has been good for Jacob. He's always been the "cool" kid and having to force his way in to make friends has been a good and sometimes hard lesson. Seeing his teammates give him high-fives and pat him on his head (he's alot shorter than most of them) would bring tears to my eyes because I know that, that small gesture meant the world to him. Watching his first goal two years ago was amazing. I of coarse cried, proud mother that I am. He usually plays left center mid field (I think thats what it is) so getting a goal is not always easy at that position, but when they were beating a team pretty bad, coach would play...pass the ball to Jacob so he could get a goal here and there. He has developed into quite an asset to the team. Its so much fun watching your child go from knowing very little to being one of the "good" players. I do not get as nervous as I once did about him playing. Now it is so much fun to go to the games. I have always dreamed of being a soccer Mom. I will have three this coming season in soccer. Yes, I am crazy, but I'm living my dream! Jake has been begging me for two years to play football and I was hoping he would forget, but I have finally given in. This fall he will be in football and soccer. I hope he can handle the load. He is so excited. So now I am nervous about football. ITS TACKLE! I realize that if he wants to, I can't keep holding him back. This fall is going to be challenging but I know he will have fun!


1 comment:

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Cute pictures. What a fun thing for Jake. Will Ethan and Justin be able to play on the same team?

It was a ton of fun talking to you the other night. We really should get together more. We can all go eat at Mimi's or Joe T's :). We also want to take you guys up on Disney Sceneit sometime too.

Karin

Oh, Tell Brent that after my sister is done watching that mini series on John Adams, she is sending it our way. He can borrow it if he wants to.