Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MY JUSTIN IS SO FUN

A couple of weeks ago, at church, Justin was under the pew doing something. At the end of sacrament he came to me and said, "Mommy, I put a crayon in my ear.." I was so mad. Did he not learn from the gum up his nose? So I looked, and yep, there was a crayon stuck in his ear. I had Bro. Brown look at it, and he told me that I would probably be able to get it out, but by the time we got home the crayon was so deep inside that I couldn't get to it. So, since it was a holiday on Monday, we had to wait until Tuesday to call the doctor. They told me not to feed him just in case they had to do surgery. Daddy was so upset. Another deductible! They had us come in after 5:00 because the Dr. was doing surgeries all day. I could tell he did not want to do another one, because he tried really hard to get it out. Luckily we have a really good ENT and he was able to get it out without damaging his ear drum. It hurt Justin pretty bad and I felt a little sad for him, but I was glad it hurt. I don't want him doing that again and I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Glad Justin is ok. I will be back in town next week. /you can come anytime. Thanks for checking on me.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

That explains the comments about the crayon. I was wondering what happened. Poor Justin- but like you said, it probably won't happen again!! :)

Karin

P.S. I was going to drop my cake off from class to you but my teacher dropped it. :(

Heidi said...

That is funny in a not-funny at all kind of way. My favorite line was, "I'm glad it hurt." There are sometimes when you kind of think, "That's what you get for not listening to me."

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I came over last night to drop by the clown cake I made in class for your boys. I am so sick of having so many goodies around the house. There will be more in the future.

Karin

P.S. would you ever let Jacob babysit?

Amy said...

Hey you!!! It's so funny because I never did see your comment in my email...I wonder how often that happens? People probably wonder why they enver hear back from me. I was just looking over my blog & thought I would click on some of the comments because I didn't remember seeing that many in my email bin...sure enough, there were new ones from folks like you!

Love your blog & seeing your boys...they are such cute little guys!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

It was fun talking to you last night. Sorry I was there forever. Matt was just laughing when I got home.

Our blog is hotfudgeshumway.blogspot.com It should let you to the link this time though.

Karin