Thursday, July 3, 2008

Head Trama


I have to post this before I forget the details. Yesterday we had some friends over to play. Jake had two friends over and Ethan had one. Poor Justin, he always seems to be left out, but I make sure your brothers include you. Anyway....I can't remember which kid, but someone came in yelling...Jacob is bleeding and its BAD! So I ran out to find my child covered with blood all over his hand, his neck and his head. So I tried to see how bad it was, but it was bleeding so bad I couldn't find the source. I took him inside, while he is yelling at me to.."Call 911, Call 911!" I almost laughed but I was still a little concerned about how bad it really was. I ran his head under the kitchen facet and finally after a few minutes the bleeding calmed down enough for me to see that it wasn't too bad. He was playing sword fighting, tripped and fell on Daddy's band new stone work. He had a huge knot on his head and the cut was gaped open enough that I took him into Cooks Urgent Care. He recieved on staple but the worst part was that he needed a tetnis shot. When they told me that he needed one, I looked at Jake and said.."Ok, Jake, this time your not going to kick the nurse and your not going to freak out because your older right..." NOPE! It took three nurses and me holding his hands and covering his eyes to get him to take the shot. Afterwards I think he realized he over reacted because when it was time for him to have the staple in his head he sat their and just cried. He is so proud of his war wound! But sad days, no swimming for a week! Thats going to be torture for me as well! It has taken 9 years 11 months and 11 days for him to have a cut deep enough for staples. Way to go Jake!!! As I was in the waiting room, I reminded him that because he wanted to play football this might not be the last time we would be here. He just smiled and said.."I STILL WANT TO PLAY." Enough said.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Blood sends me in panic mode. Not good, I know. It drives Balend crazy because I freak out when I see it. I'm with Jake, I probably would have called 911! (Not really)

Tell Jake that Olivia smiles as she gets her shots. The staff actually congregates around to high five her because she is so calm. If he knows a GIRL can do it, maybe next time he will!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

You keep trying to convince him that he doesn't want to play football- it doesn't sound like it is going to work.

Poor Jake but I bet he thinks it is awesome showing people his battle wounds.

Sienna is HORRIBLE at the doctor office. Just getting weighed and her temp taken she goes nuts. It all started one visit when she was sick and since then she won't have anything to do with them.

I'm up for ice-cream!! Are you guys going to be at the breakfast? Hopefully we'll see you there!

Karin

Kiera said...

I probably would have freaked out. I am OK with blood on me, but my kids haven't really gotten bloody so we will see how I react when that happens!!

Anonymous said...

There must be something going around. My little guy had to have 3 staples last week too. The worst part was the no swimming for a week. He cried every day wanting to go to the pool.

btw: I found you from Jennifer W. blog. I'm Lisa's W's friend who did Mommy & Me at gymnastics her and Ty.